Monday, August 3, 2009

Fini

Went to see the old bastard, powers of attorney in hand. A few weeks ago he asked that we take over paying his bills for him. When I told him (nicely) he had to behave, he flew into a rage and threw me out of his hospital room.

So I went to see the old bastard with the powers of attorney for him to sign. I did it because I promised my brothers I would do it so that they could take over his financial affairs. Turns out the old bastard wants to stay in the hospital he's at - it isn't so bad after all. Of course, he wanted me to call all the people he'd cussed out to get the transfer voided, and of course I declined. It will do the old bastard some good to have to deal with the bad feelings and ire he has caused.

This past weekend, my father called my wife - who is spending the summer at the beach with my children - and asked her to bring him some diarrhea medicine. When I was in college in the north, his mother called me to tell me that my grandfather had fallen and broken his arm three days prior - instead of calling her son the doctor who lived three miles away. Sound familiar anyone?

It feels good to finally be done with the old bastard, although my older brother keeps calling me and urging me to reconcile with the old bastard yet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment