Sunday, August 2, 2009

In Hiding



I've spent the weekend in hiding from my family. I don't want to have anything to do with my father, and he's currently in one of his rages which can last for weeks. Every single time I decide to break with the asshole, one of my brothers convinces me that I am being immature and should reconcile with him. And every time I reconcile with him, he cusses me out again shortly afterwards. I don't think he can help it; I don't think he has ever liked me.

I used to see a shrink. 12 years of the shrink, in fact. The shrink was well known; he was the shrink that put Ted Turner on Lithium. The shrink was initially hired to teach me to be charming, as I had been an asshole at work much like my father. So much for role models. The shrink pointed out that my father was insane. He also speculated that I was illegitimate and the product of an affair my mother had; it was a ready explanation for his distemper and his distaste for me. Could very well be true. It's not like I even look like any of my brothers...

No comments:

Post a Comment